It is a common technique to remove the angle grinder disc with tools. But what happens if you don’t have any tools for removing the disc?
Today, you will get three proper methods to remove the disc without using any kinds of tools.
So, how to remove angle grinder disc without tool? Well, you can use three methods to remove the disc without using any tools.
For example, you can use your hands to remove the disc, use a pair of pliers, and use chisel and a hammer to remove the disc.
I know that the information is not enough for you.
If you think you need a detailed answer or a step-by-step process to remove the angle grinder disc without using any tools, you can check out the following methods.
How To Remove Angle Grinder Disc Without Tool?
Without using tools to remove the angle grinder disc literally hard enough to do. But, it is not impossible.
However, I will share with you three proper methods to hassle-free remove the angle grinder disc without using any tools.
Method 1# Using Hands
If you think you need to use your hands to remove the angle grinder disc, you need to know that the disc is not much older and you have safety gloves.
However, check out the following points to remove your angle grinder disc without using any tools and using your hands.
- First, drop some oil on the disc bolt so it can easily remove. Noted that drop the oil very inside of the bolt; otherwise, your hand may slip
- Now, you need to turn the bolt opposite so that it can easily remove
- Create some pressure so that you can hassle-free remove the angle grinder discs.
I hope this method helps you easily remove the nuts and angle the grinder disc with your hands.
In my experience, the extremely old angle grinder with disc is hard enough to remove with the hands.
Method 2# Using Pair of Pliers
Are you failed to apply the above method to remove the angle grinder disc?
If your answer is yes, you can check out the following method so that you can hassle-free remove the disc from the angle grinder without facing any problems.
- Search two bolts which fit with locking nuts. These locking nuts are fitted with pair of pliers.
- You should rotate the nuts with the pliers.
- During the rotation, it is advisable for you to press the lock button on the machine to hold the wheels’ positions.
- Weld the bolts with a few pliers so that you can hassle-free remove the angle grinder disc.
- Finally, you completely remove the angle grinder disc using pair of pliers.
The pair of pliers is a popular method to remove the angle grinder disc without using any tools.
I think this method is helpful for you, and you can hassle-free remove your angle grinder disc using a pair of pliers.
Method 3# Using a Chisel and Hammer
Let’s discuss another effective strategy for changing the disc from the angle grinder. This method is very popular, and you may often see this method applied in most shops to remove a disc.
So, check out the following method to remove the angle grinder disc using the chisel and hammer method.
- Your first duty is that put the chisel into the nuts lock of the angle grinder disc
- Make sure that the chisel or hammer must come with the right angle to do better performance
- Mimic the disc rotation before bringing your hammer.
- Use the hammer and hit the counterclockwise rotation of the nuts
- You need to continuously do that until the disc is not removed
I strongly believe that this method to remove the angle grinder wheel is truly far better for you.
If you think the method looks like a puzzle for you, please let me know in the following comment box.
When Should Angle Grinder Wheels be Replaced?
The experts believe that the angle grinder wheels should not be used after the date expires. While it depends on the disc but it is true that you need to check out its nuts and working side.
That means you need to replace a new disc on the angle grinder when the disc is incapable of working.
On the other hand, you should easily avoid the angle grinder disc when the nuts and screws are not worked properly.
When you are using the angle grinder wheels for a long-time, your angle grinder may not work properly and that’s time you need to replace the angle grinder disc.
FAQs (Frequently Ask Questions)
Q: How to change blade on angle grinder
Answer: You can change the blade on your angle grinder using tools or without using the tools.
I discuss in the above section how to remove the disc from the angle grinder without using any tools, which you can check out.
Q: How to change angle grinder blade?
Answer: You can use a wrench to remove the angle grinder disc. Or you can also remove the angle grinder blade from the angle grinder without using any tools.
You can check out the above method without using the tools to remove the angle grinder wheel.
Q: How to put a cutting wheel on a Dewalt grinder?
Answer: Well, you can put a cutting wheel on a Dewalt angle grinder after removing the old one.
However, you should follow the same removing rules to put a wheel on your angle grinder. If you are still confused about this matter, let me know to clear your confusion.
I think this article is a magical solution for you to remove the angle grinder wheel without using any tools.
You can also check out the above three methods and follow any of them so that you can hassle-free remove the disc from your angle grinder. I hope that this article clears all of your confusion.