Hardie siding is a popular type of exterior wall covering that can be made from a variety of materials, including concrete, brick, stone, and wood.
In order to protect the surface against weathering and water damage, it is often covered with a layer of hardie board.
Nail guns are one of the most popular tools for hardie siding. There are a number of different types of nail guns available for use with hardie siding.
If you are looking for the best nail gun for hardie siding? Here are the list of best nail guns with proper guide.
Nail Gun, Uses & Safety
Nail Gun, Uses & Safety
Things Should Consider Before Buying A Nail Gun For Hardie Siding
When considering buying a nail gun, there are a few things to keep in mind.
The first is the type of material you’re going to be shooting. Hardie siding is made of thin sheets of wood, so it’s not as durable as other types of siding.
So if you’re only using the nail gun on hardie siding occasionally, it may not be necessary to invest in a more expensive model.
However, if you plan on using the nail gun regularly on different types of materials, you may want to consider investing in a more expensive model.
Another factor to consider is the power of the tool. A powerful nail gun will shoot nails faster and farther than a weaker one, which is important if you’re planning on building large projects or fixing large pieces of furniture.
When it comes to nails, size really does matter. A smaller nail gun will be less powerful and may not be able to adequately fasten materials like hardie siding.
Conversely, a larger nail gun will require more effort but can attach materials with greater force.
Many homeowners choose the size of their nail gun based on the material they are working with.
Other factors to consider when purchasing a nail gun include weight, battery life and reloading speed.
Some models are lighter than others, meaning they’re easier to hold for long periods of time.
Additionally, some models have quick-fire capabilities that allow you to rapidly attach numerous nails without having to stop and reload your weapon.
Lastly, consider the speed at which you can reload your weapon – slower weapons may require more time between shots while faster guns require fewer reloads overall.
Best Nail Guns For Hardie Siding
1. Bostitch Coil Siding Nailer (N66C)
- Manufacturer: Bostitch
- Item Weight: 4.08 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 5 x 12 inches
- Model number: N66C-1
- Color: Gold and Black
- Material: Magnesium
- Power Source: Air-powered
- Nail Type: Wire weld and plastic inserted coil nails
- Adjustable depth guide of the siding nailer
- Lightweight aluminum design for durability
- Soft rubber foot helps to prevent damage to softer woods
- Tool-free adjustable exhaust conveniently directs exhaust away from the user
- Fastener Length: 1-1/4-inch - 2-1/2-inch
- Fastener Diameter: .080-inch - .092-inch
The Bostitch Coil Siding Nailer is the perfect tool for installing vinyl and aluminum coil siding.
With its wire weld and plastic inserted coil nails, it drives nails in with precision and ease, making the job go much faster than using a traditional hammer.
The nailer is lightweight and easy to use, so you can get the job done quickly and efficiently.
The BOSTITCH Coil Siding Nailer is the perfect tool for quickly and easily installing siding.
With its adjustable depth guide, you can set nails to the desired depth quickly and conveniently.
The BOSTITCH Coil Siding Nailer is the perfect tool for anyone looking to quickly and easily install siding.
Its soft rubber foot helps to prevent damage to softer woods, while its tool-free adjustable exhaust allows you to customize the airflow depending on your needs.
- Durable construction and comfortable grip
- A perfect tool for your next siding project
- Easy to secure your siding in place
- You can get the job done with minimal effort
- The adjustable depth guide set the nails desired depth every time
- Light to handle
2. Freeman PCN65 Pneumatic Coil Siding Nailer
- Manufacturer: Freeman Pneumatics
- Item Weight: 5.5 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 13.25 x 11 x 5 inches
- Country of Origin: China
- Item model number: PCN65
- Color: Black
- Material: Magnesium with heat-treated steel parts
- Power Source: Air-Powered
- Included Components: Pneumatic 15 Degree 2-1/2" Coil Siding Nailer; Belt Hook; Air Tool Oil; Adjustment Tools
The Freeman PCN65 Pneumatic Coil Siding Fencing Nailer is a lightweight and durable magnesium body nailer that is perfect for any fencing project.
With its easy-to-use design, the PCN65 Pneumatic Coil Siding Fencing Nailer makes quick work of fence installation, repair, or construction.
The Freeman PCN65 Pneumatic 15 Degree 2-1/2" Coil Siding Nailer is perfect for a wide range of applications, including cement siding, sheathing, fencing, fiber concrete siding, decking installation, and plywood.
This nailer is easy to use and delivers powerful performance with every shot. It's also lightweight and comfortable to hold, making it perfect for extended use.
This Freeman PCN65 coil siding fencing nailer is perfect for any professional contractors or DIY enthusiast.
It's also equipped with a precision adjustable depth control, so you can get the perfect nails every time.
With its precision depth control, it allows for accurate nailing, and the sequential firing mechanism helps avoid misfiring.
It has an ergonomic grip handle to reduce fatigue, a no-mar tip to protect the surface, and a transparent side load magazine so you can see when it's time to reload.
This nailer holds up to 400 wire or plastic coated siding nails, making it a hard working addition to your tool collection.
- Easy to use and maneuverable coil siding nailer.
- Ergonomic grip handle
- No-mar tip
- Transparent side load magazine
- Start your project quickly and easily.
- Long-lasting, high-quality products
- Heavier to handle
3. Metabo HPT Coil Siding Nailer
- Item Weight: 6.6 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 11.4 x 5.1 x 11.1 inches
- Item model number: NV65AH2
- Size: 2-1/2-Inch at a rate of 3 per second
- Material: Metal
- Power Source: Air-powered
- A selective actuation switch allows for either sequential or contact nailing
- Sideload, tilt bottom magazine for fast and easy reloads
- Tool-less depth of drive adjustment for optimal depth in a variety of applications
- Drives wire and plastic sheet collated nails for added flexibility
- An adjustable air deflector directs the air exhaust in any direction
- No-mar nose cap attachment protects the material from accidental marks
This powerful nailer lets you switch between sequential and contact nailing with ease, so you can get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Its lightweight design makes it easy to handle, while its precision placement ensures accurate results.
This nailing gun is the perfect choice for any professional looking for a coil siding nailer.
The Metabo HPT Coil Siding Nailer is perfect for installing vinyl or metal siding.
The selective actuation switch allows for either sequential or contact nailing with the simple flip of a switch.
Plus, the tool-free adjustable depth guide ensures accurate nail placement, and the no-mar tip prevents damage to the surface.
With a side load, tilt bottom magazine, it's easy to reload and get back to work.
The nailer is also capable of driving nails 2 1/2 inches in length and .099 inches in diameter at a rate of three nails per second, so you can get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Its coil design ensures accurate placement and minimal jams. Plus, it's backed by a 5 years warranty for added peace of mind.
The coil design ensures smooth and consistent drives, while the sequential firing mode allows for precision placement.
The adjustable air deflector ensures that nails are driven straight, while the wire and plastic sheet collated nails make it easy to work quickly.
- A perfect tool to make the job faster and easier.
- Lightweight and compact nailer
- This nailer ensures the accurate placement of nails
- Tool-less depth of drive adjustment
- Use in a variety of applications
- Adjustable air deflector
- Expensive than others
4. Makita AN611 2-1/2" Siding Coil Nailer
- Manufacturer: Makita
- Item Weight: 5 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 5.79 x 15.12 x 15.75 inches
- Item model number: AN611
- Color: Silver
- Material: Metal
- Power Source: Air-powered
- “Tool-less” depth adjustment with 9 detents settings engineered
- 3-mode selector switch (contact, sequential, lock) allows user control over nailing options
- Drives 15º wire and plastic collated nails for added convenience
- Built-in air filter minimizes dust and debris from entering the tool
- Multi-directional exhaust port directs exhaust air away from the operator
If you're looking for a quality siding coil nailer that offers precision and versatility, the Makita AN611 is the perfect tool for you.
With its easy-to-use depth adjustment and 9 detents settings, you can easily achieve flush and countersink nails every time. Plus, it's backed by Makita's reputation for quality and durability.
The Makita AN611 2-1/2" Siding Coil Nailer is a great tool for nailing trim and siding.
The 3-mode selector switch (contact, sequential, lock) allows the user to have control over the nailing options, making it easy to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
The contact mode is perfect for fast nailing, while the sequential mode offers precision control. The lock mode keeps the nailer in place so you can focus on your work.
It's built with a powerful motor that drives nails up to 2-1/2" into hardwood, softwood, and fiber cement siding quickly and easily.
An integrated air filter minimizes dust and debris from entering the tool, while a rafter hook provides easy storage.
This powerful nailing tool is perfect for quickly and easily installing siding.
The built-in air filter minimizes dust and debris from entering the tool, ensuring optimal performance each time. Plus, the easy-to-use design makes it simple to get started right away.
The Makita AN611 2-1/2" Siding Coil Nailer is a powerful and durable tool that is perfect for nailing shingles, roofing felt, and other similar materials.
This tool is designed with a multi-directional exhaust port that directs exhaust air away from the operator, providing enhanced comfort and safety.
It also features a lightweight design that makes it easy to use, and an adjustable rafter hook that provides added convenience.
- Tool-less depth adjustment
- Get the perfect nail depth every time.
- 3-mode selector switch
- Quickly and easily installing siding
- Built-in air filter
- The nail carriage is plastic
In conclusion, when choosing the best nail gun for hardie siding, there are a few factors to consider. Price and power are two important factors, but there are also other things to consider, such as the weight of the gun and the type of nails it uses.
There is no one perfect nail gun for all applications, so it is important to choose the right one for the job.
I'm Smith and with the chop shop here in North Carolina. I've been a maker for the last 15 years specializing in cabinet building and custom retail fixtures design and displays my work has primarily been featured at our family business as a wine shop in Uptown Asheville North Carolina.